Energy Modeling & New Construction Energy Efficiency
Bright Power provides expert ASHRAE, LEED, ENERGY STAR® and NYSERDA MPP energy modeling for new construction projects.
Our consultants are an integral part of the design team, collaborating with architects, developers, contractors, engineers and landscape architects to implement numerous green elements in this project. Bright Power contributed to developing a successful LEED Innovation in Design (ID) credit: Design for Health Through Increased Physical Activity.
Maximize incentives for energy efficiency such as the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s Energy Star Multifamily Performance Program (NYSERDA MPP-NC).
As energy efﬁciency and solar design consultants, Bright Power’s services include:
- Build an energy model to meet Enterprise Green Communities Criteria, LEED and ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G requirements.
- Suggest design changes to improve energy performance.
- Provide savings analysis for a range of energy conservation measures: Condensing boilers, heat recovery ventilation, efficient lighting, increased insulation, high performance windows, solar thermal and solar PV.
- Design and model performance of solar PV systems.
- Create energy criteria for sizing of onsite cogeneration.
As LEED green building consultants, Bright Power's responsibilities include:
- Analyze the design documents for applicable LEED credits.
- Facilitate integrated design across the design team to maximize sustainability and LEED credits.
- Coordinate LEED documentation throughout project design and construction.
- Perform necessary analysis and submit the LEED online templates.
- Interface with USGBC when the project requires clarification or credit interpretation requests.
Rendering: Wall integrated solar electric (PV) design at Via Verde, an award winning Bright Power project in NYC.
(Renderings by Grimshaw Architects)