Please send a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Manage client relationships, develop new prospects, and foster business with existing clients in the Building Energy and Efficiency space.
Bright Power is looking for experienced Account Managers to maintain and foster client relationships, broaden our client portfolio, and capitalize on sales opportunities. The Account Manager will be the face of Bright Power to clients, which means that he or she must be polished, articulate, trustworthy, and organized. We strongly prefer someone with a background in sales and/or account management, though not necessarily in the energy efficiency space, and experience in property management or a closely related field. A successful candidate will possess strong sales skills and an ability to explain technical concepts to customers that may not have technical backgrounds.
Bright Power works with multifamily, commercial, and industrial building owners and property developers to create and implement comprehensive energy management solutions. We offer a variety of products and services ranging from solar photovoltaic installations to energy audits, heating system upgrades to building benchmarking, and energy modeling to measurement and verification.
The ideal candidate should have:
· 3-5 years of experienece in account management, sales, and/or client engagement
· Previous work experience in property management, real estate, or a related field
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proposal writing
· Stellar presentation skills, with the ability to tailor dynamic presentations to different audiences
· Creativity in locating new clients and sources of revenue
· Ability to speak confidently about technical topics
· Proven track record of closing sales
Preference will be given to candidates with:
· Experience in:
· Property Management
· Real estate
· Energy efficiency
· Renewable energy (esp. solar PV, solar thermal, CSP, wind)
· Building systems, HVAC, or architecture
· Experience working with government or utility energy incentive programs
· Experience in construction or building management
· Active participation in professional industry associations
· Published articles
About Bright Power:
· 50 People
· Founded in 2004 and growing by over 50% each year
· Office located in downtown Manhattan
· Hard-working, casual work environment
· Serious about delivering high quality results, while having fun in the process
· “Realistic Idealists” working to change the world in pragmatic ways
· Projects in New York City, as well as nationally and internationally
Bright Power provides energy services in the following technologies:
· Heating Systems (steam, hydronic, forced air) & Cooling Systems (AC, commercial refrigeration)
· Lighting Systems (including motion sensors and other controls)
· Electrical Systems (motors, industrial machinery, controls)
· Renewable Energy (esp. solar PV and solar thermal)
· Controls and Energy Management Systems
· Remote Energy Monitoring
· Energy Modeling (eQuest, TREAT, Energy Plus, TRNSYS)
· Energy Benchmarking, Measurement & Verification (M&V), and savings analysis
Compensation consists of base plus commission and will vary with performance.